On a global scale pollution is generally the result of man-made activities including industrial activity, mining, farming, agriculture, and waste disposal practices.
Your site may become directly polluted from poor work practices, an accidental chemical or petroleum spill, soils of an unknown quality used as backfill, or even staff parking their car in the car park on site.
Indirectly your site may become polluted when contaminated soils or groundwater migrated onto your property from neighbouring properties.
Contaminated properties pose health risks to the environment and to the human population. Some contaminates can pose a serious health risk to humans and therefore risk assessments are necessary to ascertain if people working on or near the site may be at risk of contracting diseases or illnesses. These illness can include skin irritations caused by contact with contaminated soils or groundwater, respiratory illnesses through inhalation of vapours or even cancer.
Yes, they can be. It depends on the nature and extent of the contamination and the works that are required. This is why most environmental works are performed in a staged process. It means works are paid for in discrete sections and you only pay for the works as required.
At HRS we pride ourselves on our commitment to our client and to the environment. We are a professional organisation who takes a personal approach to all projects. The HRS team has over 20 years’ experience working in the field and can resolve problems as they arise, without requiring lengthy delays or overinflated costs. HRS will always seek to find the most cost-effective options through experience, understanding of the job, the environment and the local surrounds.
In short we:
- Have over 20 years’ environmental experience through all stages of site investigation, remediation and ongoing management
- Employ professional staff and technicians
- Place a strong emphasis on service and quality
- Provide practical, cost-effective solutions for clients environmental issues
- Undertake large, medium and small scale projects
- Produce reports that are compliant with Department of Environment Regulation guidelines
- Can provide disclosure and expert witness statements where disputes arise, targeted at reducing client’s liability toward remediation costs where they are not at fault
- Comply with environmental regulations and best practice guidelines
- Hold a controlled waste licence